30 Oct 2010
I’m going to start with choosing different items, from the colleges that I chose, to form the goals to set up for a Bachelor’s Degree, although I’m really wanting to set up for a Doctorate, because that’s the way I roll. The Platinum Plan.
12 Goal in Chosen Major: Home Economics/Cooking:
- Organize Recipes
- Can or Freeze Fruit Properly
- Make Jam or Jelly
- Make Baking Powder Biscuits from scratch
- Make a Cream Pie
- Make a Two crust Pie
- Bake all bread used for two weeks
- Make one meal/week for six weeks, from food storage
- Gather 1 year supply: grains, milk, salt, honey, sugar
- Make Weekly menus, for 4 weeks in advance
- Read all Home and Family in RS Manual
- Dry one food item (tomatoes)
9 Goals in the College of Theology:
- Pray two times a day, on knees for one month
- Read World Religions
- Read Lost books of bible (apocrapha and pseudopigraphra)
- Read Sabbath – Wayne Muller
- Read Book about the Gospel
- Teach Family History Class
- Read Jesus the Christ – Talmage
- Read Spiritual Living Lessons in RS Manual
- Read Miracle of Forgiveness
7 Goals from other Colleges
- Read one Classic or Newberry Winner
- Write Journal once week for 3 months
- Contribute to Savings Account for 3 months
- Decorate Front Porch
- Arrange Fresh Flowers in home
- Read book by Psychologist
- Participate in a Book Review
30 Oct 2010
I’ve been looking for a spiritual series for this blog, now that I’ve fixed more kinks in being unable to see it, on my laptop. If you know of any blog-type programs that are spiritually goal setting, please leave me a comment because adapting this one may prove to be more than I can handle..
Celestial University [pdf] is an LDS woman’s “Pursuit of Excellence.” I’ve decided to twist it to become more well-rounded in the studies I have going on now. I am not sticking to the complete LDS version to accomplish this, but I am using the degree program as a guide for my journey.
The hardest part is incorporating my other spiritual growth studies to this in place of some of the more direct LDS philosophies.
In this program, you start by working towards a Bachelors degree, by choosing major:
- 8 goals in a chosen major college
- 5 goals in College of Theology
- 3 goals in each other College
- 1 Project/Presentation
A Masters Degree
Add 2 goals to your major, 2 to Theology, 2 to other colleges or:
- 10 goals in chosen major college
- 7 goals in college of Theolgy
- 5 goals from other colleges
- 1 project/presentation
- 1 demonstration
To receive a Doctorate in Celestial University
Add 2 more goals in each college:
- 12 goals in chosen major
- 9 goals in College of Theology
- 7 goals in other collleges
The Degrees offered include:
- College of Theology
- College of Fine Arts
- College of Applied Arts
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Home Economics/Cooking
- College of Home Economics/Sewing
- College of Interior Design
- College of Language Arts
- College of Physical Education
- College of Social Science
- College of Pyschology
- College of Career Development
There are charts to record your progress and items to choose in each University. Now to figure out how to diversify them to not all LDS topics.
27 Oct 2010
A few months ago, my blogs were hacked and many of them crashed. Upon moving them to the new hosting provider, this blog seemed to not recover the crash.
It turns out that only MY computer couldn’t see the blog, because of something to do with my cache.
So, all this time I thought this blog was gone and yet it wasn’t.
So, I’m back now.. looking for a spiritual series to work on.